|Posted by 1FrugalMom on August 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM|
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 2lbs.)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
1/3 cup butter
2 lemons, sliced
4 tablespoons lemon juice
Hot cooked rice, or pilaf (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag, and cover w/ a dish rag to prevent splatter.
- Lightly pound until about about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick, and remove from bag.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and 3 tsp lemon pepper.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the flour mixture.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with remaining 3 tsp lemon pepper.
In a large skillet cook the chicken breasts in the hot butter over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown and no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet. Add lemon slices to skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Return all of the chicken to the skillet, overlapping chicken breasts slightly. Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken breasts. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until pan juices are slightly reduced. Serve chicken, lemon slices, and pan juices over hot cooked rice or pilaf, if desired.
Source: Adapted Lemon Butter Chicken recipe from Better Homes & Gardens. Special thanks to my friend, Tabitha, for sharing this recipe w/ her friends on Facebook & Pinterest; otherwise, I would have never discovered it!
Re-Pin this recipe HERE.
For ways to save $, earn extra cash, & score freebies, click here!
Follow 1FrugalMom on:
Categories: Recipes! Foods & Drinks!