|Posted by 1FrugalMom on August 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM|
If you're looking for an easy, tasty, slowcooker recipe, this one is for you! Try this super simple, yummy, Crockpot Root Beer BBQ Chicken recipe!
- approx. 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 3 large chicken breasts)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp parsley flakes (optional)
- approx. 1 & 1/4 cup BBQ sauce - any variety
- approx. 1 & 1/4 cup root beer - any variety
- Combine dry ingredients
- Sprinkle dry ingredient mixture on each chicken breast
- Pour 3/4 cup root beer, and 3/4 cup BBQ, in Crockpot and stir
- Place seasoned chicken breasts in Crockpot
- Pour remaining BBQ sauce (approx. 1/2 cup), and root beer (approx. 1/2 cup) on top of seasoned chicken breasts in Crockpot
- Sprinkle parsley flakes on top (optional)
- Cook on low heat setting for approx. 8 hours (give or take an hour or two)
- Using two forks, shred the chicken in the sauce mixture, and cook an additional 30 minutes before serving
** All meaurements can be adjusted to taste. Don't forget the buns (I used onion rolls).
Re-Pin this recipe HERE.
For ways to save $, earn extra cash, & score freebies, click here!
Categories: Recipes! Foods & Drinks!